SciFi Blast Door Part 1: The Outer Frame
If you download this tutorial, please refer to the Readme file first for instructions on how to extract the videos. As the download contains a split archive, please make sure to download all files to be able to extract the videos.
This is part one of a tutorial for beginners on how to model hard surface details with subdivisions (HyperNurbs) in Cinema 4D and covers the modeling of the outer frame of a scifi-style blast door. The blast door was inspired by a model by Mohamed Rotab.
Topics covered in the tutorial:
- modeling the basic shape
- preparing the geometry for adding details
- modeling the details into the geometry of the outer frame
- building a clean mesh
- Cinema 4D R14 or R13 (Prime to Studio). Some functions and tools shown in the videos may not be available in versions prior to R13.
- Two free plugins: Kyama Slide (http://skinprops.com/kyamaslide.php) and Selections Suppletives (http://code.vonc.fr/?a=23)
- a basic knowledge of Cinema 4D
Required plugins / modules: Free Plugins "Kyama Slide" and "Selections Suppletives"
Keywords: hard surface, modeling, HN, HyperNurbs, subdivisions, scifi, high-poly, beginner, intermediate, r14, r13
- Movie format:ZIP
- Application language:English